Saturday, June 5, 2010

MTC - 04 June 2010

Mom and dad and I guess everyone else that might read this...

Hey everything is going great. The MTC is so spiritual. Today for P-day we started off right by going to the Temple and doing a session. It was so so awesome this time. I don't know why, I think it was because I needed something answered because I was having problems with my companion. So, when I was in the Celestial Room I was just praying to know what to do and asking God for advice and coming up with questions, then all of the sudden my mind kinda just went blank...I was kinda imagining Jesus Christ, then all the sudden I just hear talking in my head. I hear a voice that's kinda speaking to me and I know that it wasn't me so I just let the feeling continue and it was telling me of everything that I had to do, and what to do and kinda cheer up on myself. I felt like it was my own personal blessing from the Lord. It was so awesome. When it was done I started to continue praying actually by myself and then we left. But, I know some people will say 'no John, that wasn't God or Jesus talking to you, it was just you thinking by yourself, that you were pretending that it was Jesus' and I would have to tell them 'NO...I know that it was Heavenly Father speaking to me personally when I was in His house, that I can control my own thoughts, and that the Holy Ghost was giving me a direct line to speak to Him. It was because of my faith and actual desire to hear from Him that He did talk to me. It's not just made up or anything, that's ridiculous. I mean so many people can say that it isn't real, but, that is because they don't want it to be real. So, they state what they say which is okay for people to have their own opinions, but I know for myself that God can talk to us through the Holy Ghost, and He does as long as we are willing to listen and to think to ourselves of what was said or what was thought of which was pretty much the Holy Ghost.' Some people just gotta stop thinking that it's just them in life and that's what it's all about, just them. But anyhow I gotta get off that tangent. Sorry, it was just a coolio experience that happened to me. One of the many at the MTC...Classes are cool. Sometimes I fall asleep, but I'm getting better. I didn't fall asleep once it was one of my goals. We have been working on setting goals for yourself and investigators and such, it's pretty cool. I'm kinda learning how to be a better person. Mail time is probably the worst or best part of the day. A lot of the elders in my district are like ecstatic or depressed after mail time. It's pretty funny. I didn't really think that I would get mail and when I do I feel terrible that I did because some other people didn't get mail. But hey, that doesn't mean stop sending the mail tho', ya hear. I don't really see a lot of people that I know except Elder Cordon because he eats at the same time which is cool. The food is starting to lose its taste. The peanut butter gives ya the squirts and horrible gas, so I gave up on it. It's not worth it, trust me.

Mom:
I'm sorry that I left such a biggy mess for you in the house...I really didn't mean to. We did have a lot of stuff to get done, and not a lot of time. I love you a lot. I have so much to say , but really not a lot of time.

Dad:
I can't believe Fed (Roger Federer) lost in the quarters. That ruined his streak of so many semi's at the grand slamies, but o well. He had his reign of terror, it had to be over sometime. Nadal I think should win. I have had a change of heart about him since Indian Wells. I really loved that experience with you, it was so much fun. I wouldn't change that for the world, ya know. We had so much fun, and it was cool to spend time together.

I love you dad so much. Everything we have done over the last couple years has brought us together and I so grateful for that. I mean you just gotta stop yelling at tennis. Well tell Chase i wanted to include him.

Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment